If you read my blog on a regular basis, you may know that when it comes to make up, I generally prefer a more natural look. That is of course with one major exception, i.e. my can't-live-without cat-eye liner look! In fact, I am so addicted to it, I don't think I have ever left the house without it within the past few years. Seriously, even when I am sporting a pair of sunnies, it is always there with me:) Perhaps because I wear it so often, I get a lot of questions about the techniques I use to apply my eye liner. 

Though, applying an eye liner may seem like an intimidating task at first, it is actually very easy to do. The first and most important thing is the product you use, because naturally, not all eye liners are created equal. Since, I've been using eye liner pretty much every day for the past few years, I got to try quite a few different ones. Few of them I liked, others I just couldn't deal with, but I certainly didn't find my favorite until I got the opportunity to test Benefit Cosmetics they're real push-up liner

Day vs Night:

Though some people recommend applying eye liner by drawing a series of dots and then connecting them, I prefer to draw an even line across the lash line and once I reach the outer corner, angle the tip and draw another line towards the brow, creating a winged out look. Next, depending on the intensity I am looking for, I fill in and thicken the liner a bit. For day, I usually go for a more natural look, so I tend to apply the liner closer to the lash line and extend the corners very slightly for just a hint of the cat eye look. But for night, I definitely favor the more dramatic look, so I thicken the line above the lashes and extend the line way beyond the natural outer corner. 

What I like about Benefit they're real push-up liner:

Normally, it takes a few coats to achieve the intense black I am looking for, but with Benefit, I was able to achieve the desired color with just one coat. Another pet peeve of mine, is trying to get the liner as close to the lash line as possible. Usually, I have to go back a few times to fill out the little gaps, but I did not experience this problem with Benefit. The liner glided perfectly right over the base of my lashes leaving no visible gaps. Finally, when it comes to eye liner, longevity is important to me. I absolutely hate having to worry about smudges or fading color. Once again, Benefit liner lasted all day and the color looked just as intense as it did in the morning. And that is always a good thing!:) 

Though Benefit they're real push-up liner is not available in stores yet, you can CLICK HERE to join the Line to Fine list for a chance to:

1. Get it before it hits the stores 
2. Enjoy FREE SHIPPING on all orders
3. Get access to exclusive videos, tips and tricks from top beauty gurus! 












BENEFIT COSMETICS they're real push-up liner | IRO Emmie top A.P.C. beige nubuck bucket bag via SSENCE  | GENETIC Denim Loren skinny jeans in Destroy | Aminah Abdul Jillil Coin sandals | Tory Burch hat - old { also love this one } | Finders Keepers Foolproof dress { similar here & here } | Rafe mother-of-pearl box clutch | Ryan Storer ear cuff { also love the one here & here }


Thank you for reading
& Keep On Smiling,
LOVE,
Annabelle 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top